This New York cheesecake recipe is surprisingly simple to make, and the results are always creamy and delicious. New York-style cheesecake is America’s most popular version, with very good reason. If you’ve always wanted to taste an authentic New York cheesecake give this simple recipe a try.
Makes One 9-inch New York Cheesecake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 16 graham crackers, crushed fine
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 lbs cream cheese (four 8-ounce packages)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a greased 9-inch round springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the milk, and then the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to combine. Mix in the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest, and flour until the mixture is smooth. Pour the filling into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn the oven off and let cake cool with the door closed for 4 hours to prevent cracking. Chill completely in refrigerator before serving.
March 10, 2010
New York Cheesecake
Leave a Comment »
No comments yet.